This is a dangerous, dangerous substance to have in your house. But eating it is probably akin to looking squarely into the face of heaven. It's divinity for the mouth. If you make it, have a plan for getting it out of the house once you've had a reasonable number of pieces, because I can't be held responsible for the amount that you might otherwise eat.
1 1/2 sleeves of soda crackers with salted tops
1/2 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
approximately 2 c. of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking spray. Then cover the bottom of the baking sheet with soda crackers, leaving no spaces between them.
3. In a small saucepan, heat the butter and brown sugar on medium high until it reaches a rolling boil. Pour it over the soda crackers.
4. Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
5. Let cool 1 minute, then sprinkle the top with chocolate chips. These are supposed to melt, but mine didn't. So I put the whole thing back into a warm oven for a minute, then used a spatula to spread the chocolate overtop of the toffee.
6. Let cool to room temperature. Then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
7. Break with your hands into pieces.
8. Store in an airtight container for up to a week. (As IF!!!!)
and Carolyn (my cookie guru) who first tainted my soul with cookie crack.