Monday, April 01, 2013

Sneaking Treats

It was seven o'clock in the evening. The kids were clean and in their PJ's, side by side on our bed, watching cartoons. I climbed up next to them, chewing on a jelly bean (it was Easter, after all). I figured neither kid would notice because once in a t.v. coma, it is hard to break them from it.

Amelia's head snapped towards me. "Wha's in you mouff, Mommy?"

"A treat."

"Oh," she turned back to the t.v.

Mark camed in and climbed onto the other side of the bed next to Cole. Amelia turned to him, "Wha's in YOU mouff, Daddy?"

Mark and I exchanged a knowing glance and he grinned and replied, "toothpaste".

Amelia said, "Oh."

Without removing his eyes from the t.v. program, Cole said, "I smell chocolate."

1 comment:

Mary said...

So so so so sweet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...