Thursday, October 23, 2008

Snore Monster

The latest issue is NOT that I snore at night and wake Mark from a dead sleep. It is not even that I snore at night and keep Mark from falling asleep. No, no. The biggest difficulty recently is that I fall asleep so early in the evening that Mark cannot even watch the evening television line-up in peace. Or he'll be reading and trying to block out the sound of the chainsaw next to him. He sometimes says it startles him.

So he'll lean over and gently stroke my face or rub my back in an effort to make me sleep less soundly. But I wake up. And then I'm irritated because no one wants to be woken from a happy slumber. And certainly an exhausted 37-week-pregnant lady doesn't take kindly to it.

So what can stop a snoring Loftus? You can ask my Aunt Liz and she probably already knows.
Not a Breathe-Right nose strip.
Not Vicks Vapour Rub under the nose.
Not switching sleeping positions.
Not being in the room next door.
Not even being in a room on a different floor.

No, it turns out that there is NOTHING that will stop a snoring Loftus.

1 comment:

Ben said...

I certainly remember thinking Grandpa Loftus' snoring was a monster under the bed when we stayed overnight long ago.

Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...