Saturday, September 09, 2006

Take Comfort in the No-Blog

I have always loved to write. I used to stay up until the middle of the night when I was a teenager, writing intricate plots between fictional characters which bore suspicious resemblance to people in my life. I usually started stories with a fervor and then let them lay partway through their finished state. And this was due to something all writers experience – a wane in inspiration.

As I re-visit my own blog (half expecting something new to be there, except that I haven’t written anything new), I ask myself why I’m not blogging. I am experiencing writer’s block. Then I remind myself that there is comfort in not feeling inspired. When, in my life, did I write the most volumous and passionate pieces of literature? I wrote when I was experiencing the most turmoil and uncertainty and tragedy. So if you log on to my blog and it’s been a while since I wrote anything truly inspiring, I ask you to smile for me. My life is beautiful and wonderful. I am a very lucky girl.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are indeed, as are those of us fortunate enough to call you 'friend'.

Ben said...

You're right Eetsa. Your life is beautiful and wonderful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...