Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dave and Darren

There is an older gentleman who lives down the road from me. His name is Dave and he has a collie named Darren. The two walk about two dozen times a day around the neighbourhood. Dave wears white knee socks and shorts and is very friendly and waves. My husband is always forgetting which one is Dave and which one is Darren. If you go out to the grocery store, you'll drive by them somewhere in the neighbourhood. And when you return, you'll drive by them again. If you're up at 3 a.m. nursing your baby, they'll walk by the picture window. If you're enjoying an early morning tea, they'll walk by too. If you're in the back yard with your toddler playing in the sand box, they'll walk by. If you're hanging up your laundry and your baby is screaming on a blanket at your feet, they'll walk by too. I almost wonder if he ever goes home, or if he just does repeat laps around the block.

Well, yesterday I went for a walk at 2 p.m. to the grocery store. (I had been to the park earlier). I was pushing the stroller with Amelia in it and I saw Dave and Darren up ahead. Dave smiled at me as I greeted him and then he said, "Isn't this your SECOND walk today?"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...