Friday, March 14, 2008

Melissa Moments: Yellow Jacket

I needed to wash my yellow winter jacket. It was getting kind of smelly. So I put it in the washing machine and then in the dryer.

Later, I was getting ready to go to the Ultramart grocery store during a snowstorm to buy a bag of sugar in case I wanted to do some baking. It was pretty snowy out and I was so thankful that I had my yellow winter jacket. I put it on, bundled up with a toque, scarf and snow pants. I gave Mark and big hug and a kiss and then headed out in the snow. (Obviously, he didn't take a good, careful look at me before I left).

Immediately, I knew it was a silly idea to be walking during a snowstorm. The sidewalks weren't ploughed and I was leaning forward into the wind.

In the grocery store, I found the sugar and made my way to the cashier. I felt silly, at first, for being so bundled up, with rosy cheeks and my toque pulled down to the top rim of my glasses and my scarf wrapped up to my nose. I set my sugar down and then the cashier looked at me. And I looked down at my chest. And that's when I saw it, plastered to the velcro of my yellow jacket, a big white Bounce dryer sheet.

"Awesome!" I thought to myself.

Then I asked the cashier to throw it in the garbage for me and then I took my sugar and trudged home through the snow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...