Monday, December 09, 2013

Cookie #6: Sugar cookie piggies, dinosaurs and "gingerbread" men


The time after work but before supper is on the table is a bit chaotic.
This is how I got my daughter to stop yelling at me tonight.
I'm not proud of it, but I think if we're all really honest with ourselves, we sometimes do things for a little bit of quiet.

I whipped up some sugar cookie dough before supper.
After supper, I rolled it out and my husband dug the cookie cutters out of the basement storage room. My kids picked the dinosaurs and gingerbread men and I chose the pigs.

For icing, I just melted a bit of butter, tossed in some vanilla and icing sugar and a drop of red food colouring and whipped it up til it seemed right. Then I scooped it into a Ziploc bag, snipped a corner and zig-zagged across the cookies when they were cooked and cool.
And I added sprinkles because sprinkles makes everything more fun.



Halfway to 12 different cookies before Christmas and we still have fifteen days left!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...