Saturday, January 19, 2013

Milestones of Second Children

I remember the hooplah of potty training Cole. We had a potty chart, a plethora of stickers, we had Smarties and we let him decorate his own potty. And every time he actually landed urine or feces in the potty, we threw a veritable party. We sang songs, we jumped on the bed.

About a week ago, my daughter started showing some interest in her potty. She asked to sit on it, she kept saying she had to pee. I would take off her diaper and let her wander around the house, or sit on the potty if she wanted to. No success whatsoever. I didn't sweat it. She's too young anyway. And I'm tired. And we have company.... There is always a reason to stall.

Tonight before supper, Amelia declared, "I have to pee!" We ambled up the stairs and I stripped off her pants, her tutu and her diaper and she lifted up the lid of her potty and lo and behold, there was already pee in there. I looked at Cole and he said, "I didn't do it!" And just like that. A huge milestone in my second child's life and we missed it.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hee hee hee hee hee. Love this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...