Monday, December 08, 2008


Battle of Wits

Cole wins most of these battles. Obviously, I am losing the must-sleep battle. I am also losing the I-must-sit-down-and-not-constantly-bounce-or-walk battle. But there is one battle that I REFUSE to lose. That is the I-must-have-use-of-both-hands-for-some-portion-of-the-day battle. And so, we have begun Snugli-Front-Carrier training.

It goes like this. Cole is content and awake for less than an hour per day, by my estimation. It seems to occur very early in the morning. So at that time, I put him in the front carrier. Cole squirms and he cries and he holds his breath until his face turns red. He sometimes swats at the air with his hands too. Occasionally he farts in protest. But, eventually (and by this, I mean three times) he gives in and falls asleep.

Sadly, I cannot transfer him to his crib without waking him. In effect, I am also losing the you-must-sleep-for-more-than-ten-minutes-in-your-crib-during-the-daylight battle.

Next Lesson: Wiping his own ass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm still fighting that last battle ... ooops, i mean for my children ... not me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...