Monday, November 24, 2008

Jeopardy

I'm not a big fan of Jeopardy, but Mark really is. And lately, with all the newness and craziness of there suddenly being three Perons (one is a lot more demanding than the others), watching Jeopardy in the evening with Mark has become one of the landmarks by which I measure the normalcy of my life. Luckily, with satellite, if we miss the 7:30 show, we can just watch Jeopardy at 8:30 or 9:30.

So we were watching the Final Jeopardy question and the category was Literary Characters. Mark hesitated and then said, "Hmmmm. I think I'll bet the farm." It always amuses me when he pretends to contemplate this decision because no matter how he deliberates or what the category, he will always end up "betting the farm".

I said, "Of course, honey, you always bet the farm."

Mark turned and looked at me quite seriously and said, "I have a son now. I have to be more careful. I can't go around betting all my farms."

I smiled.

Then he added, "Especially if he's going to be a cabbage farmer."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe... glad to see a post up again! Hope things are ok. -- alison

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...