Sunday, October 05, 2008

Scandellous

I spent a few days last week teaching at a different public school, due to a Fifths disease scare. While I was there, the staff welcomed me warmly. One particular teacher was a mother of a set of twins that Mark and I had taught in our second year of teaching. When we made this connection, we began to catch up a bit. I was giving her a quick update on some of the staff at Hillcrest that she might know...among them, I mentioned that Delia had had her first baby in June.

She flashed me a grin and said, "Wasn't she the teacher who was engaged but then broke it off and then married another man? It was quite the scandel."

I thought for a second, "No, that wasn't Delia."

Then I made the connection and I couldn't help but grin.

"That was me!" I said to her, watching her face transform with discomfort.

"And yes," I breathed, "It was quite scandellous."

3 comments:

delirious said...

LOL, yes, it is obvious: we are twins.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I can only imagine the foot-in-mouth expression she had after you told her it was you...

ALF

Anonymous said...

that made me laugh out loud ... i wish i had been there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...