Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day


I haven't been sleeping well because Amelia hasn't been sleeping well. Partly because of having a babysitter last night, but also as a kind of kudos to Mother's Day, we put Amelia in the basement last night in the packnplay and I got to sleep straight through the night until 6:30 a.m. This is how a truly miraculous mother's day begins.

Then I asked Mark if he'd heard our daughter in the night and he had and that meant she was still alive, so I rolled back over and went to sleep until after 8!!!!

Mark made me and the kids breakfast.


The kids made me a beautiful card.  And gave me a gift card for the garden centre.  So we all piled into the car and went for a family outting.


 Cole is indeed my son. He was in heaven at the garden centre.  He ran up and down the aisles squealing with glee.  But he particularly loved the waterfall and the pond display.
 We decided to add a flower garden to our side yard, bordering one of the fences. And although I had envisioned an edible garden, I wasn't making the choices consciously. However, we ended up buying a blueberry bush, a honey suckle blueberry, a raspberry and a rose.  All of those have edible bits.


Then Mark went to a local bakery and bought cupcakes. He had preordered the MOM part on the strawberry chocolate ones and if you're wondering what those ones on the right are - caramel cookie dough!!! The man knows his wife, that's all I have to say about that.

All afternoon, I just gardened like a mad woman and then, for supper, my culinary genius of a husband made the best ribs ever!

Without a doubt, my favourite Mother's Day yet.

This is a picture of my son and my amazing Mother, who I didn't fully appreciate until I became a mother. Thank you, Mom, for everything you've ever done for me and Mary and Jay.  We love you!

p.s. If you want to know what gardening I worked on all afternoon, check out www.outsideathome.blogspot.com this coming Friday for our My Garden to Yours feature.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...