Friday, March 11, 2011

Whose Mom is whose?

The other day, I was sick. So I made myself some chicken congee, a comforting sort of rice porridge that my mom used to make when I was young. I tried to give some to Cole but he didn't want it. He loves his Porpor, so I said to him, "Do you know who taught me to make this? Porpor used to make this for me and she taught me how. Porpor is MY mom."
He still wasn't game to try the congee.

This morning, about a week later, I told Cole that I would make him pancakes tomorrow because it's Saturday.
"Porpor's going make me pancakes," he replied.
"Well, Porpor makes you pancakes when we visit her, but tomorrow I'm going to make them."
Then he looked at me very seriously and said, "Porpor's my mom."
I said, "No, Popor's MY mom. Porpor is your Porpor."
But he shook his head and said, "No, She's your Porpor. She's MY mom."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...