Monday, June 21, 2010

The Great Escape

I visited my dad over the weekend.
On Saturday, my brother and his wife were visiting too.
I put Cole down for a nap in his playpen in the basement and went upstairs to visit for Jay and Michelle. Finally, the complaints and talking through the baby monitor ceased and I thought, "Finally! He's asleep."

I recounted to Michelle and Jay how Cole had been doing something like a handstand in his playpen when I'd put him down, walking his feet up the side and over the top of the railing. Michelle smiled at me and said, "One of these days, you're going to put him down for a nap and whammo, he's just going to appear in the doorway."

Then, with timing too ironic to be real, suddenly he was standing there beside my chair, with a grin of enormous satisfaction, clutching his blanket (which he'd had the foresight to throw out of the playpen before making his escape - demonstrating that this feat was pre-meditated). I said, "What are YOU doing here?" And he just looked at me and giggled.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Cole. Not only can he count boats!...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...