Saturday, October 13, 2007

I'm too old for the mall

I decided this today. First of all, I go in feeling alright and I come out angry. Irrationally angry.

It's October 13th and there are Christmas decorations lining the aisles adjacent to the halloween candy. That's assinine (I wish I could spell). And the parking lot already has cars battling for parking spaces. How can it be that the festive chaos has already begun?

And we've headed to the mall with a goal in mind. We would like to buy a dehumidifier for the basement in our new house. We have some gift certificates, so we're quite excited to spend someone else's money.

We go to Sears. And Walmart. And the Bay. And Zellers. And HomeOutfitters.
What's more aggravating than finding that none of these places has a single dehumidifer anywhere in them and wandering aimlessly through crowds of pushy shoppers is the blank look I am shot every time I ask a salesperson if they have any dehumidifers. They sometimes say things like "midifiers?" or "oh, you mean HUMidifiers!" or "De-hu-wha?"

Getting back into the car feels like coming back from war. I am irrefutably too old for the mall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's why the mall should only be used for clothes shopping ... and never bring the husband! ps ... we got our DEhumidifier at Cdn Tire :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...