Sunday, March 17, 2013

Her I-mean-business voice

On the first morning we were visiting Auntie Sheena and Auntie Mary Elaine in Cleveland, I tried to steal a few more minutes of sleep. Amelia and I were sharing a bedroom. So when she woke up in the packnplay next to my futon, I scooped her up and snuggled her in next to me in hopes she'd go back to sleep.

No such luck.
She began to chat to me and giggle and smack my face playfully. I tried to will myself back to sleep despite her and she became impatient with my lack of response to her games.

In a sing-song voice she called to me, "Mommy!"

Then again, "Mooooooh-Meeeeeee!"

And still sweetly, but with a little less patience, "Mommy! Mommy! MOMMY!"

Then, when she'd had just about enough, her tone became sharp and she punctuated the air with the warning, "MOMMY PERON!!!!"

I wonder where she learned that?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...