Sunday, May 06, 2012

Sniffles

This weekend, my sister was visiting.
Cole, Amelia and Isaac played famously together 85% of the time.
They spent a lot of time looking out windows together, dancing, playing in forts, jumping on beds (this was frowned-upon by the grown-ups) etc.


Saturday morning, Mary was in the shower, and I was in the kitchen doing dishes.  Cole came down the stairs (I could hear him) and began talking to me through the closed door separating the kitchen from the front entranceway.

"Isaac is still upstairs.  He keeps sneezing."

"Okay."

"Can you open the door, Mommy?"

"I think you can open it, I'm busy doing dishes."

"I need you to open it. My hands are full."

So I dried my hands and went over to the door and opened it.

Cole stood in his pajamas, holding a tissue box in one hand and a severely snot-soaked tissue in the other hand.

"I need put this in the garbage, Mommy."

"Did you wipe Isaac's nose?"

Cole just nodded.

"Okay, put it in the garbage.  Then go wash your hands!"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...