Monday, April 30, 2012

Buying Shampoo and Conditioner

A few days ago, I realized I needed shampoo and conditioner. I was nearly out of both.
So I went to Metro and filled a basket with a few items, including shampoo and conditioner.
In fact, shampoo and conditioner were on sale. There was a display of them. I selected two bottles of each because it's always good to stock up when this stuff goes on sale.

My heart sank a little as I realized the line-ups were customarily long (Metro in our neighbourhood is crazy for its line-ups). I was nearing the cashier and placing my items carefully on the conveyor when I realized I'd taken three bottles of shampoo and one bottle of conditioner.
Gasp.
My conditioning needs outweigh my shampooing needs.
If I had taken three bottles of conditioner and one of shampoo, well, that would have probably been about right.
But three bottles of shampoo and only one bottle of conditioner - well - that was wrong!  All wrong!
I glanced at the cashier, panic on my face, "I got the wrong kind of shampoo, can I run back....?"
She waved at me with amusement, "Yeah, you RUN," and she smirked at the lady whose groceries she was scanning.

I grabbed a bottle of shampoo and dashed through the store.  I wove down the pharmacy aisle, darted around the vitamin display and raced up to the mountain of colourful hair products. I hurriedly swapped my shampoo for conditioner and raced back to the cashier.

I was out of breath and a bit embarrassed but I knew I'd done the right thing.
"Good run?" the cashier asked me.
"Yup," I said.  Then I looked down at my items again and, holy CRAP, how could this be?!!!
I STILL had three bottles of shampoo and one bottle of conditioner!
I was embarrassed, but couldn't dwell on it.  I snatched up a bottle of shampoo and again raced through the store.
This time, upon reaching the shampoo and conditioner aisle, I felt extremely rushed. But I was very, very careful to pick a bottle of conditioner.
I was outright winded when I got back to the cashier.
She was not trying to hide her amusement any more.

So when I glanced down and realized I did, in fact, have two bottles of shampoo and two of conditioner, but one was for colour-treated hair, I shrugged and thought, "Good enough."

1 comment:

Mary R Smith said...

FUNNY! you're a great runner though! Things like this happen to me all the time!!! :( We are so busy!

I buy my shampoo online - Arbonne - it's paraben free, animal product and by-product free. And it's awesome. Give me your address. I'll send you some??? No more getting the wrong stuff ;)

Hope all is well my friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...