Friday, August 03, 2007

Change of Name

I got married six days ago (as I'm sure most of you are tired of hearing about). And I plan to assume my new husband's last name.

Today, I happened to check my work e-mail for the first time in several weeks. Ironically, a woman named Ms. Joyce, from Human Resources, has been troubled by an inconsistency in my documents involving me sometimes going by "Melissa" even though it is actually my middle name and sometimes going by "Alison" because it is my first name and occasionally going by "A." to which she firmly stated "one cannot use an initial for a NAME". She said I would need to fill out a Name Change Form to clarify.

She attached one to the e-mail.

Funny, I was just wondering how I go about doing that....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...