Saturday, January 05, 2013

Patience

This winter, we're going to get Cole up on skates. We promised this last year, but in our defense, it hardly dipped below freezing last year.

This year, we decreed, FOR SURE!

Our goal became then that each of us would take him once... at least. And when deciding who would get him laced up on his maiden voyage, Mark said I should do it. His reasoning was this, "You have more patience, Melissa."
I can't argue. I think I'm pretty good as far as patience goes. I work hard at it.

The funny thing is that Cole overheard this conversation. So when we were at the store getting our skates sharpened, he said to me, "You're going to take me skating, not daddy. Because daddy has patience but you have MUCH patience."

I shrugged, "Sure. And buddy, what does that mean?"

"What?"

"What does it mean if I have lots of patience? What is patience?"

He shrugged and said, "I don't know. I think it means we get to stay longer."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...