Monday, September 10, 2012

Logistical Champion on Day 1 of JK

I felt this morning like I'd been mentally preparing myself and planning for it for ages. The backpacks were laid out. The kid's clothes were laid out. My clothes were even laid out.

The kids didn't sleep in. Praise the heavens, everyone ate some breakfast in good time.
I remembered to assemble Cole's lunch and pack it into his backpack. I remembered his water bottle. I remembered the note that said Nana could pick him up after school. I remembered his Mr. Zippy mail bag. I remembered his indoor shoes. I remembered his hat and his sweater and I remembered to label them all.

I remembered Amelia's soother and her back up soother. I remembered her bottle of milk and her water bottle. I remembered her pretty polka dot sun hat and her sweater. I remembered my book bag, my agenda, my running shoes for DPA.  I remembered my diet coke (in fact, my priorities being what they are, I went through the motions of packing it twice and ended up with two).

I almost forgot to fill up with gas, but then the gas light came on. So I did that on my way to work.

It wasn't until I was driving through Oakville that I realized, I'd forgotten my own lunch.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...