Friday, April 20, 2012

Someday I'm going to Tell this Story at your Wedding: The day I knew you might not be an NBA star

We took Cole to Dash sports last Saturday for the first time.  It's a great programme with awesome coaches.  The kids play all sorts of games with hula hoops and tennis balls and pilons and it exposes them to eight differents sports ranging from baseball to basketball to floor hockey to golf.

Cole sat on the floor, his legs straight out in front of him, his chin tipped up to the ceiling and cried and cried and cried.

Part way through the programme, they took a break, sat in a circle, drank water and talked about their favourite animals (Cole said his is a camel or a yak; one kid said pizza; another kid said Batman).

Afterwards, he and I ate a few animal crackers on a park bench outside the community centre and I asked what his favourite part was.

He said, "Drinking water."

Someday I'm going to Tell this Story at his Wedding.....

*This is a feature I'd like to write weekly on Fridays. I'm going to try to write a silly story about something my kid has said or done (and there really should be an abundance of them) and share them with you. I'd love for you to Link up and share your silly stories. The kind you'll enjoy sharing at their weddings some day.*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...