Thursday, January 18, 2007


Pedi

I feel like it’s been a draining week. It’s just an amalgamation of nondescript exhausting interchanges, discourses and mini-situations that have put me into this mood. But tonight is Thursday and tomorrow is pay-day and I was determined that things were going to begin to look up….. so I painted my toenails.

You know how it is, you start with the really little guy. For me, today, I noticed that if I’ve recently trimmed my nails, it’s hardly worth getting the brush wet for the pinky. He’s hardly there at all! It’s more like a half-nail, if we’re being honest. A teeny tiny brush stroke. The middle three toes take about two brush strokes each and then I get to my big toe and MAN, I think to myself, “You’ve got to be kidding me! Has my big toe always been so enormous?” It’s tiring even thinking about starting to paint the toenail!

So I got to thinking about the discrepancy. And I decided to measure my toenails’ surface areas.
Mini is 1cm by 0.5cm big (if you can call it that).
The midis are 1cm by 0.8 cm big.
And Gargantuan is 2cm by 1.7cm!

So Mini’s surface area (if we approximate the toenail to be rectangular in shape) is 0.5cm2.
Midi’s surface area is 0.8cm2 and Humungous’s surface area is 3.4cm2.
Just to put it into perspective, it takes almost 7 times as much nail polish to coat my big toe as my baby toe.

It boggles the mind.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...