Thursday, December 21, 2006

I'm a big fan of the "What If..."
I don't mean that I like to live with regret.... no, I prefer to think of all the possible uncomfortable situations so I can prepare for them, be they likely or not.

For instance, when I started driving, I developed a habit of unlocking the doors of the van when driving past the "long swamp". This was in case I hit an icy patch and lost control and the car flipped and someone had to help me get out of the car. Wouldn't this be easier for them if the doors were unlocked?

And yesterday, I was walking around in my winter coat when I felt a small pen in my left pocket. I am right-handed, so of course, I had to switch it to my right pocket... in case I ever needed to quickly use it as a weapon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

glad to know that I'm not the only one. I constantly lock my doors at stop signs and stop lights, and I used to walk around holding my keys in my pocket so that one key was sticking out in case I needed to punch someone with it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...